I must say it has been a very unproductive long weekend, but I love it! I have all the 4 days for myself just doing some quiet time, reading the book entitled Captivating, watched some chick-flick Tagalog movies (yes, I do watch them!) and completed the first 2 seasons of How I Met Your Mother. Today is my most productive day of the long weekend. I went out, (yes, for 3 days I was mostly in my room) and went to church to attend a discovery class and worship service.
- stay at home or if it’s the people at home that give you stress, then go to a place where you can just relax
- do quiet time – reading God’s Word and in prayer
- watch movies that could make you laugh or cry or just anything light (over a popcorn would be nice)
- read a good book (e.g. inspirational books)
- eat good food or any food that you crave
- do some afternoon naps
- think of happy thoughts
If you can’t have one, ask God and He will definitely give you one.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11: 28 – 30