Every third week of January, the congregation (Christ’s Commission Fellowship) holds a leadership conference for all leaders of the church – these are not just the pastors, elders, ministry heads but also small group leaders as well as those who want to start their own small groups.
Last January 24-25, it was a privilege to be able to participate in the leadership conference entitled, “All HIS”. This is also the theme of the church for the year reminding us that everything we have belongs to God and we must be good stewards of what He has entrusted to us.
There were so many good things to take in and apply during the conference and I want to share some of the points which really spoke to me.
- The evidence that you love God is when you do your best for Him.
- God doesn’t need me to exist but God decided to need me to “co-exist”.
- We were created to be in partnership with God for His work.
- Our unbelief limits God to accomplish things through us because we are in partnership with Him.
- Leave your goals, ambitions, dreams in that workplace for God to be able to use you. (Because of our own personal dreams, we do things for ourselves only that we hinder God to use us where He has placed us.)
- There’s a reality that we “stereotype” people whom we can share the gospel with. (We think that there are people who are gospel-ready and there are those who are not. When the truth is, everyone should come to know Jesus.)
- Organize your finances: 1) Get out of debt 2)Don’t manipulate (how much you need) 3)Give
- Tithing is not giving; it is returning what belongs to God in the first place. (In the Bible, “give” tithe was never used. It’s always been using the word “bring”.)
- Giving is what is over and beyond your tithe.
- Mistakes: 1) Haven’t rested enough 2) Haven’t prayed enough 3) Haven’t studied the Bible enough 4) Haven’t trained enough 5) Haven’t lead my family enough
- About resting – If you don’t keep commandments 1-3, 5-10 – there are consequences. What made you think that by not keeping commandment 4 – Keep holy the Sabbath, there won’t be consequences?
- For leaders: walk – character, work – ministry
- If you focus on people, you will stumble. Focus on God.
- I am a “slave” of Christ. (owned, no rights, absolute obedience)
- Serve – We can serve without loving God but we can’t love God without serving others.
- The Principle of First – Return to God what belongs to Him.
- We are stewards of: Time, Talent, Treasure, Title, Influence, Relationships, Opportunities
- We are also stewards of God’s Truth. We are responsible to share the gospel.
My action points for this conference are:
– To be a good steward of God’s truth – share God’s love and the gospel to as many as possible
– To be a good steward of my time, talent, influence and finances – maximize my time for the Lord and to organize my finances
– To share God more to my family – in love, in truth, in words and actions
– To be a better small group leader – deeper study of God’s Word, evangelism and multiplication
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.”― John Wesley
His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’ – Matthew 25:23
“I am all HIS!” – Pepay