The first time I tried baking cupcakes was with some friends at church. I never had a clue about baking until that day. For me, it was very,very complicated. But then, when I saw how it was prepared and done, I realized it wasn’t that complicated at all. I can absolutely do it on my own. And so, from then on, I developed a little interest on baking.
It’s something I want to learn more especially that I’m really a “bread” person. I’d love to learn how to make bread. Who wouldn’t want freshly baked breads everyday, right?
Here’s a picture of my first try of making cream puff. Well, it wasn’t bad for a first time (or I dunno, I’m no expert). Though, I tried doing it again and the second time was much better! You can find here the recipe I used for my second try -> http://gooddinnermom.com/aunt-pats-famous-cream-puff-recipe/. I liked this recipe better since it has custard filling.
If you haven’t tried baking at all, I suggest you give it a try. If you have an oven or even just an oven toaster, you can start from there. All you need is a set of measuring cups and spoons! 🙂 You can start with simple recipes of butter cupcakes.
Or, you can always try other things that you haven’t done. It’s nice to try something new from time to time that would make your day productive. It’s actually refreshing.
Here are other things I suggest you can try:
– find a new sport, some of my friends got so engaged with “Ultimate” (famous term: frisbee)
– setup your own blog site, if you enjoy writing journals, it’s time you start a blog site and start sharing to others, your life could be an encouragement
– volunteer on weekends, some of the girls I disciple volunteer their Saturdays in tutoring less fortunate kids
– get artistic, it could be doing crafts (which I also enjoy!) or doing designs for printed shirts and the like
– read a book, if you’re not into reading books, I suggest you try finishing one, doesn’t have to be a novel, a pocket size, with thin pages can be a good start
There are so many things you can actually try doing. You just have to make sure that it is practical and beneficial not just to you but also to the people around you.
If you have other suggestions, feel free to share 🙂