When I saw the trailer of the movie, “Cinderella”, I was just ecstatic! I felt like Disney heard my wishlist! Cinderella has always been my favorite Disney Princess. I’ve watched all modern Cinderella movies a well as the cartoon movie series. And yes, I still … Continue reading Reality in Fairy Tales
We’re In Faithful Bloggers!!
I just checked today if this site has been added already to the blog directory of FaithfulBloggers.com and I’m so happy to announce that it’s already listed!
Yehey! There are a lot of sites there as well not just for Singles who are going through different journeys. You can visit their website and be encouraged!
Married to Single over Starbucks
A married couple from church offered me a ride home today. I thought they’ll just drop me off at the mall, but they also wanted to have coffee and stroll around. They invited me to join them and even gave me a frappuccino treat. It’s likea double treat! Free ride and free drink.
But wait, there’s more! 🙂
The best treat was to hear their own story of waiting. I can’t share their full story as I haven’t asked permission from them but I’ll share my take home notes.
1. I realized how important as a single to not just spend time with single friends but also with married ones. As we hear stories from married couples, it gives us a different perspective on how we should wait while we are still single. Take it from them, the experts!
2. Waiting doesn’t end when we are married. Waiting might even be harder when we are married. Waiting for a better job to support the family. Waiting for a baby to come. Waiting for a spouse who got assigned in a different place. I believe that being single is really a good training ground for waiting. So let waiting build our character!
3. Waiting teaches us to make mature decisions. We tend to be impulsive in our decisions because we only want what’s easy and comfortable. We never think of long term because we don’t want to wait. We want instant results. Another thing I learned over that Starbucks conversation – waiting may take long years but once it ends, we can move forward reaping and enjoying the results of it. That’s when we can say, indeed, it was worth it!
4. There is no deny that waiting is not just difficult but most of the time, really painful. It could really get frustrating that we just want to give up. It’s something that can’t be changed in the journey of waiting but it’s something that we can overcome. Having God in our life makes waiting less hard. It’s because we don’t rely on our own strength but on God’s. I must say, God makes waiting exciting than tiring!
5. And lastly singles, waiting is not a phase before marriage. A lot of married couples didn’t have to wait before they got married. A lot of couples are waiting on something even after they got married. Waiting, itself, is just like marriage. It is an event in our life that God has allowed to happen. And the good news is? GOD NEVER LETS US WAIT IN VAIN.
This couple’s story is one of those that displays God’s faithfulness to those who learn how to wait. Truly blessed to hear and learn from it. 🙂
What a triple treat today!!!
Beautifully Waiting March Series
Like the page -> Beautifully Waiting in Facebook and hear what married couples have to share to singles.
Learn from the Married!
Watch out this March! To get daily feeds in your Facebook page, like Beautifully Waiting Page!